Bella Swan-Cullen

Bella Swan-Cullen
Bella Swan-Cullen - Our Official Vampire

Sunday, November 20, 2011

Interpreting Causality

The Tao produced One; One produced Two; Two produced Three; Three produced All things.


I type from my copy of the tao. Wanna make a bet? That this line is part of Douglas Adams's consideration when announcing to the historical record that the ultimate answer is 42?

Never met him, and yet I cannot be wrong. How is it possible for an atheist to know such things without witchcraft and woo? It is tao.

When I bought this copy of the tao, I did not like this translation; the one I remember from youth stated that the ten thousand things came from three. The myriad, 10^4, which was the largest practical number in antiquity. And, of course, it also has a 4. ;)

I'm all 4 what 4. :D


And now for something completely different. A man with three... I mean, amateur science.

Ever hear of the story Flatland?. I don't like it, at all. It offends my mathematical sensibilities. Yet, basically, this is how science works - old hypotheses are upgraded with new hypotheses.

Here is your upgrade...

Image a sheet of paper. Three dots are placed at the vertices of an imagined equilateral triangle. Now imagine another piece of paper with a single dot centered on the page. Place this sheet atop the first, and what do you get?

Tetrahedron. Not Flatland. In mathematics, "point" is without dimension - and thus beyond illustration. Yet one can do a youtube search of string theory and extra dimensions, and one will find a bunch of Flatland.

My consideration is the Pure Number hypothesis. The depth of the universe is 13.7 billion years; this translates into approximately 10^18 seconds. Multiply that figure by Planck time to get 5.13x10^61, and there we are.

In the bearded dude's video, one sees Brian Cox pointing to the props on the wall talking about alla that stuff is what Hydrogen comes up with in 13.7 billion years; Pure Number may be an even simpler consideration, that the number above represents everything that exists; and that everything that happened since ever is merely the universal count, interfering with itself.

So go come up the equations, and get yerself a Nobel, scientist! :D

One universe, humans full of duality; and as illustrated by the Standard Model, there seems to be a big difference between 3 and 4. All there is to it. ;)
This quote is from another forum, an earlier consideration. When I sit down and try to write stuff, that's what usually happens; stuff. Very little of which can be classified as writing. Reaction has been the action of choice; and that seems to be the standard operating procedure. Reaction.

Like how I react to what I write as I write it, leaving the myriad stranded up there. Here it is. The consideration that One bit of information is consciously processed out of a Myriad received by the brain. To thus consider philosophical causality in the simplification of Cause and Effect is to be Effectively Wrong 9999 times and Right Once.

That one time better be special, I'm saying. I am still not right. I propose that the universe is counting, and I propose that count has a language. I call this hypothetical language "the Witwiki symbolism," and it cannot be known.

What may be knowable, however, is a derivation of a human variant; yet we cannot get there from here. We are being offered a choice: Time, or Humanity. And one of those things must go.

No comments:

Post a Comment