Bella Swan-Cullen

Bella Swan-Cullen
Bella Swan-Cullen - Our Official Vampire

Saturday, November 26, 2011

A Question of Morality

I am a naive philosopher. It is what I do, it is why I do it; I write.

One thing is known: I love Gwyneth Paltrow. It is this single fact that makes me John Cantor; that is the certainty of my identity. One truth, over time, produces dual-state identity. One truth, considering identity, defines morality. Am I right, or am I wrong?

It is beyond the ability of the universe to demonstrate that I do not love Gwyneth Paltrow; therefore I cannot be wrong. Because she is my sweet everything and always right, I must be wrong.

Now step back and note the time variable in these considerations. There is no paradox in the Liar's Paradox, there is time. One truth, over time, produces the illusion of paradox. I am currently sitting at a laptop in Phoenix, Arizona. It is my intent to write a version of the Liar's Paradox, like this.

Phoenix is full of...

Let there be Now.

My last post was full of wonder at the joy of scientific discovery. As a method of determining the morality of identity, I proclaimed to the world; immortality. And I did this before checking for validation from the scientific community because I am a naive philosopher and not a scientist; I know my identity and I have made my decisions as to how identity will be expressed.

I know one thing.

These two links illustrate what is known by the scientific community:

http://science.howstuffworks.com/science-vs-myth/everyday-myths/teleportation1.htm

http://www.technologyreview.com/blog/arxiv/26270/

As an atheist, I recommend critical thinking and rational skepticism be maintained at all times.

As a naive philosophizer I have nothing to add, however as a fool in love...

...that's a big Fuck You! to the Gwynnie haters in the world. You are all wrong. So there!

There was science fiction in this morning's consideration; from a story I once read, a question was asked: Does teleportation result in a loss of the soul? The science seems to indicate that we are the soul of the universe. That'll be capital-A atheism.

No comments:

Post a Comment